The Bethlehem Hospital Community Action Group (BHCA Group) who are opposing the proposed Bethlehem Hospital 19 Storey Development have invited interested residents to join them in a meeting with Glen Eira’s Mayor and Councillors to express their concerns about the development.
To assist anyone interested in lodging an objection to proposed development, the Group has prepared the below information and standard objection.
A few guiding points for lodging your objection:
- The cut off date for lodging your objection is Monday, 19 December 2016.
- Only those who register an objection will be advised by Council of the community consultation meeting with the applicant and council expected in early February 2017.
- Every adult in your household should lodge an individual letter of objection.
- The overall number of objection letters is critical to influencing Council.
- Please lodge you objection via email. (Instructions below)
- You may wish to construct your own letter. If you do we would appreciate an email copy in preparation for any potential VCAT hearing.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR EMAIL OBJECTION LETTER
- Copy all of this email into a new email and then follow instructions 2-6.
- Email your objection to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
- Copy the following into the “Subject” section: OBJECTION TO APPLICATION FOR PLANNING PERMIT GE/PP-29481/2016
- Insert your name and address where indicated in the text below.
- Then delete all text above the line that reads “Dear Sir/Madam”.
(don’t forget to insert your name and address)
- Check your email and send it.
Re Notice of Planning Application
Planning Permit Application No: GE/PP-29481/2016
Property: 472 & 476-482 Kooyong Road & 11 Saturn Street Caulfield South Vic 3162
My name is [insert your name]. I reside/own the property at [insert your address].
I wish to lodge my objection to this Planning Application on the following grounds:
Overlooking and/or Overshadowing and/or Loss of Natural Light
The visual bulk and physical mass of the proposed building, in particular the 19 Storey Tower will have a detrimental effect on my privacy by overlooking my property and/or substantially causing sun shadow and a decrease in my natural sunlight.
Detrimental Impact on Residential Amenity, Neighbourhood Character and Streetscape
The height, size and bulk of the proposed buildings does not respect the neighbourhood character and is completely out of step with its surrounds. It does not meet the requirements detailed for Neighbourhood Residential Zone 1. Such a development would reduce the amenity of my neighbourhood.
Road Safety, Traffic Congestion and Inadequate Parking
The proposed development will substantially increase traffic and parking congestion in the area due to increased needs from residents, staff, commercial operators, patrons and visitors. Surrounding streets already suffer significant traffic and parking congestion and if this development was to proceed it will be exacerbated. Such a development would create gridlock in my neighbourhood.
I wish to be advised of any consultation meeting.
I request that you take my objections into consideration and ask that this application be denied in its current form.