7 pm tomorrow, Wednesday 27/6
The South Caulfield Action Group (SCAG) have invited our State MP, Mr David Southwick, together with our Camden Ward Councillors, Joel Silver and Dan Sztrajt, to hear our stories. They need to understand why we signed the petition.
Now is the time for our voices to be heard. We need to demonstrate that there are many people concerned about the future of Caulfield South Neighbourhood Centre.
For further information and meeting details please email: email@example.com
GERA was recently contacted by residents opposing a 3 storey (5 dwellings above basement car parking) development proposal in Pearce Street, Caulfield South. However, as they “dug deeper” the residents not only learnt a lot about GE’s Planning inadequacies but also became increasingly concerned about
- the lack of residents awareness of planning issues,
- Caulfield South’s current and future development proposals and
- a possible upgrading of the Caulfield South Activity Centre from being a Neighbourhood (“lesser”) Centre to that of an Emerging Major Activity Centre. SCAG feedback indicates that planning officers believe the upgrade has already occurred.
The South Caulfield Action Group’s formation has been highlighted by
- lodging of a petition with Council for the implementation of a 2 storey height limit on small lots – 293 signatories and growing. A flyer depicting potential developments is attached.
- Organizing the above meeting, to raise residents’ awareness of proposed planning changes and give the residents the opportunity to voice their views to those they have elected.
- a determination to see residents views are duly considered with decisions that impact the South Caulfield Activity Centre are made.
Additional information prepared by SCAG
Comparative graphical presentation of ABS 2017-2018 Building Approvals – Glen Eira and other Metro Melbourne Councils.
GERA encourages residents to support this group and to attend the meeting.